Thursday 19 April 2007

Virtual world activity

We've had a pleasant small break from Communities of Development and Web2.0 this week when a new partner school asked for a 'general' activity in a virtual world. Second Life was too complicated in the time (and a bit 'last year'); Habbohotel (although an old favourite) had firewall issues; previous groups disliked Entropia (even if we could get it installed in time); I've had too much WoW at home and so we went back to a very old favourite TappedIn. Many is the time that as PaulBM I've had the whole server to myself while the USA slept. It still worked very well for our guest students and I enjoyed being back in my old virtual office.

2 comments:

PGCert said...

Hi Paul,
Looking forward to meeting you at the Emerge event next week - and 'picking your brains' about the various virtual worlds you mention here!
Helen K

Sus Nyrop said...

Hi Paul, this is me, Sus and another Tapped In veteran user who enjoys coming back from time to time.
Long time no see indeed.
Just posted a comment to your comment, over at Helen's blog at http://eduspaces.net/holla/weblog/165260.html