Thursday 12 April 2007

Community of development

I've been doing a lot of reading on 'communities of practice' in the last couple of days aided by blogs or blog entries that are appearing on the Emerge site. I guess what we are aiming for amongst libraries and community organisations in the Tees Valley (and the North East of England also) is a 'community of development' where we share information and help our customers but also cooperate in moving forward / enhancing our knowledge and services.
My work on the paper for MLA North East on 'possibilities and risks' for libraries will be much aided by a comprehensive new conference paper from Brian Kelly (with Mike Ellis) based in the analagous museum sector. I'll try to set aside my bitterness that he's delivering it in San Francisco.
Next week I'm meeting with Oliver Davy from North Tyneside Libraries. He has done a lot of work on developing Web2.0 services.

No comments: